Glossary of terms
These are some terms that you'll see in the SourceRuns Wiki:
- airstrafing: making turns in mid-air
- alias: Game's feature to name scripts. This term is mostly used to define a certain script.
- bhop: Short for Bunnyhop.
- demo: Game's "demonstration" feature, which allows you to record your actions/moves. See Demo Recording.
- fps: Frames Per Second the game is running on.
- hit a slope: Crashing yourself into a sloped surface. See Collision Boosting.
- inbounds: Speedrun that uses the game's intended route.
- OoB: Out of Bounds.
- RTA: Real-Time Attack. A run doing in one take with saving and loading
- runs: Short for Speedruns.
- SDA: Speed Demos Archive.
- segmented: Speedrun done in many little parts (saving, reloading, pausing), stitched together for final video.
- Single-Segment: Speedrun done in one sitting, without pausing.
- strafe key: Directional key to Left or Right.
- TAS: Tool-Assisted Speedrun.
- TSA: TimeScale Assisted (speedrun). See host_timescale.
- ups: Units Per Second. Used to define player's movement speed. For example, 320 ups is the walking speed in Half-Life, and the speed limit in Half-Life 2 or Portal.
- vsync: Vertical Sync.
- wr: Short for World Record.